PBPC BASIC STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible – We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, sufficient and authoritative Word of God.
- God – We believe there is one God, who exists eternally in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ – We believe in the full deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, including His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and bodily return in power and glory.
- Salvation – We believe all men are sinful, separated from God, and unable to save themselves. Salvation is only through grace alone, by faith alone, in Christ alone.
- God’s Word declares that “all have sinned (broken God’s holy law) and fallen short of the glory (the perfections) of God” (Romans 3:23). Every human being has broken God’s holy law. That “all “includes you, dear Friend. Please read on, for your eternal life depends upon it!
- “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death” (Proverbs 14:12). All the wisdom, all the good deeds, all the power in the world cannot save you from the judgment that is the necessary consequence of sin. God provided the only sacrifice acceptable for sin: the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus took the sins of those whom He chose “from before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:3-14) upon Himself. “For God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21). God did this because of His love for His people throughout human history (John 3:16). “So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy” (Romans 9:16). Salvation from the power and penalty of sin is possible because of what Jesus did when He rose again from the dead, defeating death and hell once and for all.
- He is risen! He is Lord! Humble yourself before Him, and plead for His mercy, for it is great! “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13). “Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out” (Acts 3:19). The Lord Jesus paid the penalty for sin, redeeming (“buying back”) His children from their slavery to sin. Jesus promised that His redeemed ones have “eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand” (John 10:28). “For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish” (Psalm 1:6). Trust and submit to Him today! Then you will be ready when He comes again (Matthew 25:1-13). This truly is the way of life, for now and forever. We would love to help you find that way.
A CONFESSIONAL CHURCH
PBPC is a confessional church. As such, we adhere to a written confession of faith that we believe to be a good and accurate summary of the Bible's teaching. Our confessional standards consist of the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms. We believe these standards contain carefully worded summaries of the contents of sacred Scripture. To be sure, acceptance of every confessional distinctive is not required for membership at PBPC. One may be a participating member of PBPC by affirming the evangelical distinctive that salvation is accomplished by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. Nevertheless, the officers of PBPC must adhere to the system of doctrine taught by the Westminster standards.